Want more targeted visitors to your site and a higher conversion rate too? Then it is vital that every aspect of your website, including how you promote it, speaks directly to your target audience.
You want your website to be “the first and only place” your target market comes to get their needs met.
Think of the benefits of targetted online visibility this way…
- A potential visitor reads your article on EzineArticles.com or consumes a guest blog post on a complimentary website, and enjoys it enough to click through to your website or blog.
- The visitor reads your blog posts and signs up for your newsletter to receive a freebie that addresses a common struggle your ideal clients share in common.
- Next, the visitor receives pre-written emails (delivered via autoresponder) giving even more value and introduces them to relevant products and services on your website.
- The recipient clicks through, (or drives to your offline store) buys something, and graduates from subscriber to customer, and you repeat the process.
This is a very basic overview but you get the idea – yes?
To really know your target market – and be visible to them – you must define:
Who They Are – What is their age, sex, marital status? What do they care about as a group?
What They Need & Desire – Once you know them, you can confidently identify their needs and desires.
When They Want It – This is an important component in knowing your target audience. For instance, if they are normally never online on Sundays at 2pm don’t send them an email newsletter that day.
Where They Live – This can be interpreted as where they live geographically OR, for an online entrepreneur like me – where do they hang out online? You want to be there so that you can observe how they behave, see the questions they ask, and get ideas on services and / or products to offer to them (not to mention be there so you become familiar to them and to foster relationships).
Remember, guesswork is optional (and not recommended). A little bit of market research or what I love to call reconnaissance work goes a long way here!
Why You? - This is a question that is more about you than them: Why are you the right person to deal with this target market? What makes you qualified? Why are you SO passionate about helping them with this? Do you know?
You need to answer all of these questions – in detail – so you can provide content that your ideal clients will enjoy reading, obtain value from and pique their interest in more.
In addition, you want the products and services that you offer to fill their urgent needs, and desires. If you truly know your target audience you’ll be able to create timely solutions that they will want to purchase.
Once you know what type of products or services you will provide, and to whom, you’ll be better able to create content that is compelling and attracts those visitors.
By observing message boards and forums tailored to your target audience and directly asking questions on social media to find out exactly what they are asking and searching for, you can get an inside and early view of what to offer them. Yes – you CAN give them exactly what they want. I’ll say it again – guesswork is optional and not recommended.
Another great way to boost online visibility and get more targeted traffic to your website or blog is to participate in blog challenges.
Tip: Do a Google search of blog challenge with your area of expertise to find targeted opportunities. i.e. “Information Marketing Blog Challenge”; “Self-Publishers Blog Challenge”. You get the idea.
Anyway, you can check out the one I frequently participate in and consider joining me here: http://ultimateblogchallenge.com I think the next one is in June(?).
Oh and before you go. What ways have you found to successfully increase targeted traffic to your blog/website? I’d love for you to share in the comments.
P.S. If you’re really serious about getting noticed, getting clients and growing your online business you can also plan to join me for the Visibility Boom Bootcamp! We start the week of May 28th… | Read more about it here.
Latest posts by Gina Bell (see all)
- I was scared she’d say no but then THIS happened - December 10, 2014
- Is Invitation Intimidation getting in the way of your joint (ad)venture of a lifetime? Get them primed to play. - December 4, 2014
- Goal set. Plan on paper. Now what? - November 27, 2014